On Saturday, October 4th, the Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting their 10th Annual Community Expo from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Wayland Union Middle School, 701 Wildcat Drive in Wayland. The purpose of the Expo is to highlight area businesses, products and services available in the Wayland and immediate surrounding area, while offering some fantastic entertainment and educational opportunities for visitors.
Attractions for 2014
“Meet GRIFF from the Grand Rapids Griffins”
The Chamber is proud to announce Griff will be on hand to kick off the 2014/2015 hockey season, Griff – the mascot from the 2013 Calder-Cup Winner, the Grand Rapids Griffins, will be on hand between 11:30am-12:30pm to greet visitors.
10:30am and 12:30: Enjoy an up close educational presentation with reptiles who will be on hand with plenty of slithering creatures including tortoises, lizards, snakes, frogs/toads, and some small alligators during this extremely energetic presentation. The two presentations will take place at the end of the hallway by the school cafeteria.
Mums for Charity
Peereboom’s Garden Center & Greenhouse will have a wagon full of beautiful fall mums located adjacent to the front entrance of the Expo. Purchase your mums at Expo for special pricing where a portion of the day’s sales will go towards the Wayland VFW Post 7581.
Enjoy the music of the jazz band Mood Swings who will be playing in the cafeteria from 10:30am-1:30pm.
Provided by New Age Entertainment
View Historic Wayland Photos
By: Jay L Smith
Returning in 2014
- Meet with area business owners and key employees from area businesses and organizations – all at the same time and under one roof!
- The extremely popular “Taste of Wayland Area” food court. The food court will be offering free samples of food from restaurants, bakeries, delis, and vendors around the area.
- Vendor Bingo: Available to the first 500 adults. Pick up a vendor bingo card from the Chamber Welcome Table and then take it to the vendors on the card to mark. When you have a “Bingo,” return the card back to the Welcome Table and you will be entered to win one of six $25 gift cards sponsored by Koval Construction.
- Reusable Canvas Bags – FREE to the first 500 adults.
- Grocery Guess Game: At the entrance to Expo, a vehicle from Ed Koehn Ford will have a trunk full of groceries. Guess the total cost of the groceries to be registered to win. The closest entry wins the entire trunk full of groceries. Sponsored by Ed Koehn Ford of Wayland.
- Register to win various contests and give-a-ways!
- Meet with your local state, city, and county emergency service personnel in the front parking lot.
- Meet with WUHS 2007 graduate Ryan Kaminski and learn about his life and adventures helping others in Uganda.
- FREE parking and FREE admission!
For more information about the 2014 Wayland Community Expo, or participating in the expo, contact Chamber Executive Director Denise Behm at email@example.com or 269-792-9246.